JYL/JSC Tournament Team Bridge Program
Standard Operating Procedure
Effective Date: Spring 2009
To provide the membership, staff, volunteers and non-members clarity of the programs policy regarding player selection procedures, team selection, staff selection and jersey number allocation.
The Jamestown Youth League (JYL) and Jamestown Soccer Club (JSC) Tournament Team Bridge Program aim is to provide supplemental opportunities to JYL members and non members that wish to extend their recreational soccer experience and / or learn more about the Jamestown Soccer Club travel program.
Player Selection Procedure
- Each spring the JYL & JSC will hold player evaluations that are open to all.
- Priority is given to current JYL members playing spring that are in good standing.
- Players that currently play up in JYL recreational soccer are invited to be evaluated in the same age group for the bridge program. The staff will evaluate each player and will make recommendations and offer spots based on what best serves the player’s development at this level of play. This may mean remaining in their “recreational age group” or playing in their true age group.
- JSC Travel program playing up policy can be found at www.jamestownsoccerclub.com Tryouts page.
- The number of teams that are formed will be dependent upon staff availability.
- In the event there are more players than coaches we will offer the opportunity to train with the program at a reduced rate and in the event a coach is secured the member would pay the difference in fees.
- All games, in house, inter club and / or tournament games may see teams formed that are balanced, age or ability tiered
o Roster Sizes: U8 up to 9
U10 up to 10
- The JSC Executive Director or delegate will oversee all staff selection and placement.
- When it is possible licensed staff will be used.
Allocation of “Jersey” Numbers
- This will be done by age and gender and alphabetically in the interests of making the administration simple of some children obtaining a number of their choice and others not.
Example: U8 Girls receive numbers 1 through 20
U8 Boys receive numbers 21 through 40